Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fireproof

While listening to the radio a few weeks ago, I learned about a movie company that makes Christian themed movies. They said that one of their movies, Fireproof, was doing very well at the box office, and that many people like to watch it over and over. Fireproof sounded interesting, so I looked for it at the theaters, but I couldn't find it. I finally found it on line, and I considered ordering a copy. However, Friday I noticed it was a movie I could rent at Redbox! Wes and I both enjoyed the movie, and it has a great message. I would highly recommend it. I don't want to spoil anything, but the movie is based on a firefighter whose marriage is about to be dissolved. There are lots of great lessons in the movie. Two thumbs up from our house!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Kim and I saw this while I was in Houston. It does have a great message. It is cheesy and the acting left much to be desired, but it is still worth watching if you understand that. I don't think it ever went to theaters in Utah. I think this is because it's Evangelical Christian, and while we shouldn't be and really aren't, I think many think LDS and other Christian denominations are at odds with one another, so people in Utah wouldn't support the movie. I find that kind of funny because it has a message that is very much in line with the church's teachings. Anyway, I am glad you guys enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I just found out that Deseret Book is going to sell it soon! Yes, I know that actors aren't great (they're from someone's congregation except for Cameron), so it won't get an academy. However it is worth watching!

    ReplyDelete