Sunday, June 21, 2009
It's raining. It's pouring.
OK. Enough of the rain now. I expect rain in April and May, but we're almost through June and the faucets haven't stopped. It's not that I don't like rain, but it has rained almost every day. In my perfect world it would rain every 2 or 3 days so we stay green without watering, but we don't need to worry about green for a while. Wes and I drove to the Uintas on Friday and didn't see one patch of yellow, so it is pretty. We also noticed that Echo Reservoir is full, and water is pour down the spillway. I don't think there will be a need for rationing of water.
However, rain has spoiled a few plans lately. We were planning to make a nice steak dinner for the dads up in the Uintas, but after trying to fix breakfast in the rain, we decided to scrap plans for dinner and not try to grill the steaks. We all went home early. It's a good thing because the rain got heavier as time went on. I planned to go on a long walk with Sallee, the dog, this morning, but as soon as we walked up the lane, it started to rain. I took Sallee home because I hate the smell of wet dog. I ended up walking in front of stores in a shopping complex that's in our backyard. They have a covered walkway, and no one is shopping at 7:45 a.m. on a Sunday morning. At least I was able to get in my walk without getting drenched.
I'm sure that in a few weeks I'll long for rain, but for right now I'm grateful that it is supposed to be over for a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We and the Fawcetts were just talking last night about you being up in the Uintas and how cold it must have been for you. Sorry you had to cut the trip short. I'd say though, too much rain, in general, is much better than not enough.
ReplyDelete