Last spring I saw some great deals on airfare in May. I snatched up one to Florida in July, but I wasn't sure what to do about getting to Arizona when Sabrina had her baby. My principal told me I could have a week off to help out, but I had no idea when to schedule the week. Sabrina was due on August 22nd, but school starts on August 25th, so was not good timing. Since the airfares were soooooooooo good, I decided to take a chance and fly in right before I had to be back (and when I didn't have to take time off) and again a month later when the baby would be there for sure and I would have a week to help out.
I flew in on Wednesday, August 12th and arrived at my daughter's home at 11:15 or so. We didn't stay up very long because I was exhausted. The next morning a baby would be here soon. They left for the hospital about 9:00 a.m., arrived about 10:00 a.m. and their son was born at 10:52. What timing!
I was able to watch their daughter for a couple of days and help out when mydaughter arrived home. What a blessing to get to spend time with the family during those first few days! I am grateful I was there.
Yes, the timing really couldn't have been better. You were a lifesaver. I am counting the days until you can come back in September. Life is getting a little rougher around here everyday without the extra help. I hope we survive until you return ;)
ReplyDeleteYou'll do fine without me. However, leave a few things undone so I can feel needed in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad it all worked out perfectly. I think Chase must be a planner :)
ReplyDelete