The main/only draw to that trip was that we were able to visit with the Debbie and Ben and see where life has taken them. We enjoyed ourselves very much. They have a beautiful home with fresh raspberries growing in their back yard. Yummm! This is a picture of Braden trying to burn down the back yard. (Just kidding - he was experimenting with rockets).
We were also able to see where Ben works (only a few minutes from their house). He has an interesting job and it was fun to see the things his company manufactures. We then had a delicious Mexican dinner (Wes's favorite) and some even had shakes for dessert. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. 
My favorite part of the trip was Saturday morning because we were able to go see Bryson and Cami play soccer. Bryson is fast and loves to run, so he is a good soccer player. Ben is the coach of Cami's team and it was fun to see such little ones play. Ben helped the 4 year olds stretch and encouraged them to play when they would rather watch. Ben and Debbie's biggest job is to remind the kids which way to run and which net was their goal. Debbie makes a good soccer mom and assistant coach.

We were also able to go to a fun car show. I think that Wes would love to be like Jay Leno and have garages full of classic cars. However, I think we need our garages for our own cars. (And while we're on that subject, he needs to get rid of all the stuff he stores in them so he can park his truck in a garage too!)
This weekend we have Kameryn and Austin staying with us because their parents decided to take a last minute trip with friends. Even though we live next door, we don't get to see them too often on a regular basis. We are all busy at work on weekdays, and they are busy at play on weekends. Wes took the boys fishing this morning. They had a good time, but only Kameryn caught a fish.
I was able to get a good price for a non-stop flight to Arizona over UEA, so I'll be seeing a couple of more grandchildren in another week! I'll post pictures after that trip.
If only I could get to Florida then this would have been the perfect month. I miss seeing TJ, and I look forward to spending lots of time with him over Christmas vacation. My pictures that I took during our last trip to Florida are blurry, but I'll post one of him anyway. He's such a cutie, and I'm visiting him in my mind right now. It's the best I can do.
I feel blessed to have 10 wonderful grandchildren, four wonderful children and four great in-laws (as well as a husband that I love - even if he needs to clean up his side of the garage).

No comments:
Post a Comment