Sunday, January 25, 2009

Technology

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. On Thursday I hated it because Sabrina and Brett sent we a web cam, and I was so excited to talk with their family for Adie's birthday. We tried, but couldn't get it to work, and we both had places to go. Today we tried Skype, and it worked (thanks to Brett who talked me through a few things to get my side going). I love technology today. Even though I wish my children lived down the block from me, I am grateful for the communication that has evolved in the last few years. When I moved to Arizona in 1983-84, I called my mother once a week, and it cost me about $5-10 for each phone call. Now I can call, e-mail, check blogs, and talk on the web cam for free. It is awesome!

3 comments:

  1. how interesting that you had that experience this week. Just last night my sister and I were doing a little video chat on google (I love everything google) and we thought it would be fun if my mom could get on too to do a three-way chat. After 2 excruciating hours, there was still no success on my mom's end. We are still waiting for the day that we love technology. Glad you were able to get your working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Skype. We couldn't get it to work w/ google video chat either but it took about 15 mins to get things working in Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia and Trent. I'm glad that you and Trent also have a web cam. I'm looking forward to chatting to y'all in Florida. (Did I spell y'all right?)

    ReplyDelete