Sunday, June 3, 2012

May Memories


Brett came up for his Grandma's funeral and brought Adie.  I actually remembered to pull out my camera while we were at the museum.  We had a fun day together.

Rob and his boys were kind and washed my car for me for Mother's Day.  I thought it was very sweet of them.
Wes bought and planted flowers for me.

These peonies were at my Grandmother Chappell's home.  She planted them on my dad's grave, and a few years ago the city took over the cemetery plots, and everyone had to get rid of the flowers already planted. I am grateful to have them, and that every year when they bloom I can think of my grandmother and my father.


 The month ended on a much more somber note.  My good friend, Susan Tippets, passed away from complications of a stroke. 

I have some great memories of Susan.  She was a God-send during the most difficult years of my life.  She was even responsible for the wedding reception after Wes and I were married.  She was always very kind to me and to Sabrina, and I am grateful for all that I learned about music from her.

Yesterday her family had a picnic at the park to honor her.  I took my camera, and took a few pictures.   I thought I had taken pictures of Ian and Margaret, but they are missing.   Here are some of a few of the people I talked to:

This is Grace Floyd, a good friend of Margo and Sabrina.  She looks so much like her mother, one of my friends from school.

Barbara Cook and her daughters came to pay their respects.

This is Kathryn and Weston Hayes.  Kathryn was the first person to make me feel welcome in the Yale First Ward.  We had a connection because we could talk about school.  I taught Weston when he was in third grade. 

Julian and Kevin were able to hang out together.

RT and Erin posed for a picture together.

Jennifer was there too.  She is expecting a baby girl in July.  The VO's already have two cute boys.

Of course, Joel was playing in the water at Sugar House Park. His grandson, Gabe, doesn't seem to mind!

2 comments:

  1. My parent said Susan's memorial was like a Yale Ward reunion - how wonderful! It's nice to see some pictures of people I haven't seen in years. Thanks for posting them. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved talking to all the people. I saw your parents as I first walked in, but they escaped before I got a chance to talk with them. I look forward to chatting with you, your family, and your mom soon. :)

    ReplyDelete